DS4Windows is an open-source control input mapping emulator designed to use and connect your PlayStation controller (DualShock 4 and DualSense 5) to a Windows 10 PC.
Get the best gaming experience with state of the art features, customization and less input latency on a PS3/PS4/PS5 Controller.
The portable DS4Windows program is the best free control input mapper available for Dualshock4 and DualSense5. With a simple install and clean user interface you can easily learn how to connect your PS4 and PS5 controller to any Windows 10 PC.
Features and Requirements
Choosing DS4Win will give you the best gaming experience with less input lag and latency issues compared to our competitors as well as added customization options.
DS4Windows works by remapping the user’s “real” gamepad into a new, virtual / “fake” / emulated gamepad or by directly mapping the real gamepad to the user’s keyboard and mouse. This allows:
- Using your gamepad in games that support (for example) only Xbox controllers
- It’s possible to emulate either a Xbox or DS4 gamepad, but keep in mind that most games do not support DS4 controllers in any way, requiring Xbox emulation
- The virtual controller is fully configurable: its buttons and sticks can be remapped to other buttons/sticks or entirely disable, their behavior tweaked , special functions configured etc.
- Using your DS4 via Bluetooth in games that only recognize DS4 controllers connected via USB (Wired v1 DS4 emulation)
- Playing games that do not support gamepads by controlling the PC’s keyboard and mouse
- Mapping the controllers motion sensors to control the mouse, sticks etc.
- And much more!
- Use the same app for mapping a DS4, DualSense, Switch Pro, and JoyCon
- Emulate an Xbox 360 controller for using a DS4 in many PC games that don’t directly support it
- Emulate a DS4 v.1 for games that only support a Sony DS4 v.1 in some situations. Allow third party DS4 support or wireless support for some games
- Play PC games that only support KB+M input by emulating KB+M actions
- Customize input and output response using many modifier options
- Use DS4 touchpad as a mouse or map to other output controls
- Play games with Gyro controls by emulating Mouse or Mouse-like RS output when emulating an Xbox 360 controller
- Control the lightbar color: Check battery level, assign slot numbers to specific colors, profile controlled lightbar color
- Automatically switch profiles when different programs are in focus
- Mode Shifts for allowing more mappings beyond the number of buttons on a device
- Automatically checks and downloads future app updates
- Windows 10 or newer
- Microsoft .NET 5.0 or higher
- Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable. x64 or x86
- ViGEmBus v.1.17.333.0 driver or later (DS4Windows will install it for you)
- Sony DualShock 4 or other supported controller
- Connection method:
- Micro USB cable
- Bluetooth 4.0 (via an adapter or built in pc). Only use of Microsoft BT stack is supported. CSR BT stack is confirmed to not work with the DS4 even though some CSR adapters work fine using Microsoft BT stack. Toshiba’s adapters currently do not work. Disabling ‘Enable output data’ in the controller profile settings might help with latency issues, but will disable lightbar and rumble support.
- Disable PlayStation Configuration Support and Xbox Configuration Support options in Steam
For any issues related to DS4Windows we have compiled a FAQ guide on troubleshooting DS4 and built a forum section for users.
For the latest versions, releases and updates. View the changelog.